English to English
1. the state of being isolated or detached
the insulation of England was preserved by the English Channel
2. a material that reduces or prevents the transmission of heat or sound or electricity
3. the act of protecting something by surrounding it with material that reduces or prevents the transmission of sound or heat or electricity
4. The act of insulating, or the state of being insulated; detachment from other objects; isolation.
5. The material or substance used in insulating.