English to English
1. suitable for a particular person or place or condition etc
a book not appropriate for children|a funeral conducted the appropriate solemnity|it seems that an apology is appropriate
2. Set apart for a particular use or person. Hence: Belonging peculiarly; peculiar; suitable; fit; proper.
3. A property; attribute.
4. give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause
I will earmark this money for your research|She sets aside time for meditation every day
5. take possession of by force, as after an invasion
the invaders seized the land and property of the inhabitants|The army seized the town|The militia captured the castle
6. To take to one's self in exclusion of others; to claim or use as by an exclusive right; as, let no man appropriate the use of a common benefit.