English to English
1. (computer science) a graphic symbol (usually a simple picture) that denotes a program or a command or a data file or a concept in a graphical user interface
2. a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface
they showed us the pictures of their wedding|a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them
3. a conventional religious painting in oil on a small wooden panel; venerated in the Eastern Church
4. An image or representation; a portrait or pretended portrait.
5. A sacred picture representing the Virgin Mary, Christ, a saint, or a martyr, and having the same function as an image of such a person in the Latin Church.