English to English
1. Produced from the mixture of two species; as, plants of hybrid nature.
2. produced by crossbreeding
3. a word that is composed of parts from different languages (e.g., `monolingual' has a Greek prefix and a Latin root)
4. a composite of mixed origin
the vice-presidency is a hybrid of administrative and legislative offices
5. (genetics) an organism that is the offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock; especially offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties or breeds or species
a mule is a cross between a horse and a donkey
6. The offspring of the union of two distinct species; an animal or plant produced from the mixture of two species. See Mongrel.
7. A word composed of elements which belong to different languages.