1. a colorless water-soluble glutinous protein obtained from animal tissues such as bone and skin
2. an edible jelly (sweet or pungent) made with gelatin and used as a dessert or salad base or a coating for foods
3. a thin translucent membrane used over stage lights for color effects
4. Animal jelly; glutinous material obtained from animal tissues by prolonged boiling. Specifically (Physiol. Chem.), a nitrogeneous colloid, not existing as such in the animal body, but formed by the hydrating action of boiling water on the collagen of various kinds of connective tissue (as tendons, bones, ligaments, etc.). Its distinguishing character is that of dissolving in hot water, and forming a jelly on cooling. It is an important ingredient of calf's- foot jelly, isinglass, glue, etc. It is used as food, but its nutritious qualities are of a low order.
Indonesian to Indonesian
5. zat dr tulang atau jaringan hewan yg digunakan untuk media pembiakan menjadi gel yg dicairkan oleh beberapa bakteri dan cendawan; agar-agar