English to English
1. Taught by use, practice, or experience, experienced; having facility of operation or performance from practice; knowing and ready from much practice; clever; skillful; as, an expert surgeon; expert in chess or archery.
2. having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude
adept in handicrafts|an adept juggler|an expert job|a good mechanic|a practiced marksman|a proficient engineer|a lesser-known but no less skillful composer|the effect was achieved by skillful retouching
3. of or relating to or requiring special knowledge to be understood
technical terminology|a technical report|technical language
4. a person with special knowledge or ability who performs skillfully
5. An expert or experienced person; one instructed by experience; one who has skill, experience, or extensive knowledge in his calling or in any special branch of learning.
6. To experience.