English to English
1. an item inserted in a written record
2. the act of beginning something new
they looked forward to the debut of their new product line
3. a written record of a commercial transaction
4. something (manuscripts or architectural plans and models or estimates or works of art of all genres etc.) submitted for the judgment of others (as in a competition)
several of his submissions were rejected by publishers|what was the date of submission of your proposal?
5. something that provides access (to get in or get out)
they waited at the entrance to the garden|beggars waited just outside the entryway to the cathedral
6. the act of entering
she made a grand entrance
7. The act of entering or passing into or upon; entrance; ingress; hence, beginnings or first attempts; as, the entry of a person into a house or city; the entry of a river into the sea; the entry of air into the blood; an entry upon an undertaking.