English to English
1. Dedicated; set apart; devoted; consecrated.
2. give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause
She committed herself to the work of God|give one's talents to a good cause|consecrate your life to the church
3. open to public use, as of a highway, park, or building
The Beauty Queen spends her time dedicating parks and nursing homes
4. inscribe or address by way of compliment
She dedicated her book to her parents
5. set apart to sacred uses with solemn rites, of a church
6. To set apart and consecrate, as to a divinity, or for sacred uses; to devote formally and solemnly; as, to dedicate vessels, treasures, a temple, or a church, to a religious use.