English to English
1. having the surface decorated with a network of fine cracks, as in crackleware
a crackle glaze
2. the sharp sound of snapping noises
3. glazed china with a network of fine cracks on the surface
4. The noise of slight and frequent cracks or reports; a crackling.
5. make a crackling sound
My Rice Krispies crackled in the bowl
6. make a crushing noise
his shoes were crunching on the gravel
7. to become, or to cause to become, covered with a network of small cracks
The blazing sun crackled the desert sand
8. To make slight cracks; to make small, sharp, sudden noises, rapidly or frequently repeated; to crepitate; as, burning thorns crackle.