English to English
1. Serving to form, compose, or make up; elemental; component.
2. constitutional in the structure of something (especially your physical makeup)
3. an artifact that is one of the individual parts of which a composite entity is made up; especially a part that can be separated from or attached to a system
spare components for cars|a component or constituent element of a system
4. a member of a constituency; a citizen who is represented in a government by officials for whom he or she votes
needs continued support by constituents to be re-elected
5. something determined in relation to something that includes it
he wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself|I read a portion of the manuscript|the smaller component is hard to reach|the animal constituent of plankton
6. (grammar) a word or phrase or clause forming part of a larger grammatical construction
7. an abstract part of something
jealousy was a component of his character|two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony|the grammatical elements of a sentence|a key factor in her success|humor: an effective ingredient of a speech
8. The person or thing which constitutes, determines, or constructs.