English to English
1. a small table fixed to a wall or designed to stand against a wall
2. a scientific instrument consisting of displays and an input device that an operator can use to monitor and control a system (especially a computer system)
3. an ornamental scroll-shaped bracket (especially one used to support a wall fixture)
the bust of Napoleon stood on a console
4. housing for electronic instruments, as radio or television
5. A bracket whose projection is not more than half its height.
6. give moral or emotional strength to
7. To cheer in distress or depression; to alleviate the grief and raise the spirits of; to relieve; to comfort; to soothe.