English to English
1. Serving, or helping, to form; composing; constituting; constituent.
2. an abstract part of something
jealousy was a component of his character|two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony|the grammatical elements of a sentence|a key factor in her success|humor: an effective ingredient of a speech
3. something determined in relation to something that includes it
he wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself|I read a portion of the manuscript|the smaller component is hard to reach|the animal constituent of plankton
4. an artifact that is one of the individual parts of which a composite entity is made up; especially a part that can be separated from or attached to a system
spare components for cars|a component or constituent element of a system
5. A constituent part; an ingredient.