English to English
1. (superlative of `bad') most wanting in quality or value or condition
the worst player on the team|the worst weather of the year
2. Bad, evil, or pernicious, in the highest degree, whether in a physical or moral sense. See Worse.
3. to the highest degree of inferiority or badness
She suffered worst of all|schools were the worst hit by government spending cuts|the worst dressed person present
4. the least favorable outcome
the worst that could happen
5. the greatest damage or wickedness of which one is capable
the invaders did their worst|so pure of heart that his worst is another man's best
6. the weakest effort or poorest achievement one is capable of
it was the worst he had ever done on a test
7. That which is most bad or evil; the most severe, pernicious, calamitous, or wicked state or degree.
8. defeat thoroughly
He mopped up the floor with his opponents
9. To gain advantage over, in contest or competition; to get the better of; to defeat; to overthrow; to discomfit.
10. To grow worse; to deteriorate.