English to English
1. the act of gambling
he did it on a bet
2. the money risked on a gamble
3. Something deposited, laid, or hazarded on the event of a contest or an unsettled question; a bet; a stake; a pledge.
4. stake on the outcome of an issue
I bet $100 on that new horse|She played all her money on the dark horse
5. maintain with or as if with a bet
I bet she will be there!
6. To hazard on the issue of a contest, or on some question that is to be decided, or on some casualty; to lay; to stake; to bet.
7. To make a bet; to lay a wager.