English to English
1. of your own free will or design; done by choice; not forced or compelled
man is a voluntary agent|participation was voluntary|voluntary manslaughter|voluntary generosity in times of disaster|voluntary social workers|a voluntary confession
2. controlled by individual volition
voluntary motions|voluntary muscles
3. Proceeding from the will; produced in or by an act of choice.
4. (military) a person who freely enlists for service
5. composition (often improvised) for a solo instrument (especially solo organ) and not a regular part of a religious service or musical performance
6. One who engages in any affair of his own free will; a volunteer.