English to English
1. all the plant life in a particular region or period
Pleistocene vegetation|the flora of southern California|the botany of China
2. the process of growth in plants
3. an abnormal growth or excrescence (especially a warty excrescence on the valves of the heart)
4. inactivity that is passive and monotonous, comparable to the inactivity of plant life
their holiday was spent in sleep and vegetation
5. The act or process of vegetating, or growing as a plant does; vegetable growth.