English to English
1. Being without a like or equal; unmatched; unequaled; unparalleled; single in kind or excellence; sole.
2. radically distinctive and without equal
he is alone in the field of microbiology|this theory is altogether alone in its penetration of the problem|Bach was unique in his handling of counterpoint|craftsmen whose skill is unequaled|unparalleled athletic ability|a breakdown of law unparalleled in our history
3. (followed by `to') applying exclusively to a given category or condition or locality
a species unique to Australia
4. the single one of its kind
a singular example|the unique existing example of Donne's handwriting|a unique copy of an ancient manuscript|certain types of problems have unique solutions
5. highly unusual or rare but not the single instance
spoke with a unique accent|had unique ability in raising funds|a frankness unique in literature|a unique dining experience
6. A thing without a like; something unequaled or unparalleled.