English to English
1. Troubled; dark; gloomy.
2. a source of difficulty
one trouble after another delayed the job|what's the problem?
3. an angry disturbance
he didn't want to make a fuss|they had labor trouble|a spot of bother
4. an event causing distress or pain
what is the trouble?|heart trouble
5. an effort that is inconvenient
I went to a lot of trouble|he won without any trouble|had difficulty walking|finished the test only with great difficulty
6. a strong feeling of anxiety
his worry over the prospect of being fired|it is not work but worry that kills|he wanted to die and end his troubles
7. an unwanted pregnancy
he got several girls in trouble
8. The state of being troubled; disturbance; agitation; uneasiness; vexation; calamity.
9. move deeply
This book upset me|A troubling thought
10. to cause inconvenience or discomfort to
Sorry to trouble you, but...
11. disturb in mind or make uneasy or cause to be worried or alarmed
She was rather perturbed by the news that her father was seriously ill
12. take the trouble to do something; concern oneself
He did not trouble to call his mother on her birthday|Don't bother, please
13. cause bodily suffering to and make sick or indisposed
14. To put into confused motion; to disturb; to agitate.