English to English
1. the content of cognition; the main thing you are thinking about
it was not a good idea|the thought never entered my mind
2. the process of using your mind to consider something carefully
thinking always made him frown|she paused for thought
3. the organized beliefs of a period or group or individual
19th century thought|Darwinian thought
4. a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty
my opinion differs from yours|I am not of your persuasion|what are your thoughts on Haiti?
5. The act of thinking; the exercise of the mind in any of its higher forms; reflection; cogitation.