English to English
1. words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another
2. an abusive attack on a person's character or good name
3. A false tale or report maliciously uttered, tending to injure the reputation of another; the malicious utterance of defamatory reports; the dissemination of malicious tales or suggestions to the injury of another.
4. charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone
The journalists have defamed me!|The article in the paper sullied my reputation
5. To defame; to injure by maliciously uttering a false report; to tarnish or impair the reputation of by false tales maliciously told or propagated; to calumniate.