English to English
1. Preserving; rescuing.
2. bringing about salvation or redemption from sin
saving faith|redemptive (or redeeming) love
3. characterized by thriftiness
wealthy by inheritance but saving by constitution
4. an act of economizing; reduction in cost
it was a small economy to walk to work every day|there was a saving of 50 cents
5. recovery or preservation from loss or danger
work is the deliverance of mankind|a surgeon's job is the saving of lives
6. the activity of protecting something from loss or danger
7. Something kept from being expended or lost; that which is saved or laid up; as, the savings of years of economy.
8. With the exception of; except; excepting; also, without disrespect to.