1. Having nice discernment and powers of judging; prudent; grave; sagacious.
2. having wisdom that comes with age and experience
3. of the grey-green color of sage leaves
4. a mentor in spiritual and philosophical topics who is renowned for profound wisdom
5. aromatic fresh or dried grey-green leaves used widely as seasoning for meats and fowl and game etc
6. any of various plants of the genus Salvia; a cosmopolitan herb
7. A suffruticose labiate plant (Salvia officinalis) with grayish green foliage, much used in flavoring meats, etc. The name is often extended to the whole genus, of which many species are cultivated for ornament, as the scarlet sage, and Mexican red and blue sage.
8. A wise man; a man of gravity and wisdom; especially, a man venerable for years, and of sound judgment and prudence; a grave philosopher.