English to English
1. of or relating to or characteristic of the elaborately ornamented style of architecture, art, and music popular in Europe between 1600 and 1750
2. In bad taste; grotesque; odd.
3. Irregular in form; -- said esp. of a pearl.
4. having elaborate symmetrical ornamentation
the building...frantically baroque
5. the historic period from about 1600 until 1750 when the baroque style of art, architecture, and music flourished in Europe
6. elaborate and extensive ornamentation in decorative art and architecture that flourished in Europe in the 17th century