English to English
1. systematic arrangement of all the inflected forms of a word
2. a standard or typical example
he is the prototype of good breeding|he provided America with an image of the good father
3. the class of all items that can be substituted into the same position (or slot) in a grammatical sentence (are in paradigmatic relation with one another)
4. the generally accepted perspective of a particular discipline at a given time
he framed the problem within the psychoanalytic paradigm
5. An example; a model; a pattern.