English to English
1. evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of
I will have the family jewels appraised by a professional|access all the factors when taking a risk
2. charge (a person or a property) with a payment, such as a tax or a fine
3. set or determine the amount of (a payment such as a fine)
4. estimate the value of (property) for taxation
Our house hasn't been assessed in years
5. To value; to make a valuation or official estimate of for the purpose of taxation.