English to English
1. Pertaining to the hidden wisdom supposed to be possessed by the Magi; relating to the occult powers of nature, and the producing of effects by their agency.
2. possessing or using or characteristic of or appropriate to supernatural powers
charming incantations|magic signs that protect against adverse influence|a magical spell|'tis now the very witching time of night|wizard wands|wizardly powers
3. any art that invokes supernatural powers
4. an illusory feat; considered magical by naive observers
5. A comprehensive name for all of the pretended arts which claim to produce effects by the assistance of supernatural beings, or departed spirits, or by a mastery of secret forces in nature attained by a study of occult science, including enchantment, conjuration, witchcraft, sorcery, necromancy, incantation, etc.