English to English
1. lacking excess flesh
you can't be too rich or too thin|Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look
2. lacking in mineral content or combustible material
lean ore|lean fuel
3. Wanting flesh; destitute of or deficient in fat; not plump; meager; thin; lank; as, a lean body; a lean cattle.
4. containing little excess
a lean budget|a skimpy allowance
5. not profitable or prosperous
a lean year
6. the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical
the tower had a pronounced tilt|the ship developed a list to starboard|he walked with a heavy inclination to the right
7. That part of flesh which consists principally of muscle without the fat.
8. to incline or bend from a vertical position
She leaned over the banister
9. cause to lean or incline
He leaned his rifle against the wall
10. have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined
She tends to be nervous before her lectures|These dresses run small|He inclined to corpulence
11. rely on for support
We can lean on this man
12. cause to lean to the side
Erosion listed the old tree
13. To conceal.
14. To incline, deviate, or bend, from a vertical position; to be in a position thus inclining or deviating; as, she leaned out at the window; a leaning column.
15. To cause to lean; to incline; to support or rest.